Cleng Peerson Lodge 2017 meeting schedule
Feb 19th at? Penny Annie, cookies for Birkeberkie
Mar 19th at 2pm Parson’s Widow
· Seminary-school graduate Söfren (Einar Rod) can't believe his luck when he out-preaches the competition and receives his first appointment as the new parson of a church in a rural town -- until he hears that his contract will force him to marry the previous parson's elderly widow, Margarete (Hildur Carlberg). Söfren and his beloved fiancée, the clever and beautiful Mari (Greta Almroth), pose as brother and sister, struggling to hide their love as they wait for Margarete to die.
· 1920 Silent Picture. 71 minutes [Comedy / Drama]
· Directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer
· This film is considered a classic. Step back in time, see first-hand what the Slooper’s village, church and homes probably looked like.
Submit your scholarship applications before April 1st
Apr 23rd at 2pm Rosemaling
May 21 at 1pm Syttende Mai Parade in Park Ridge. Ride in the Norsk Museum’s new Viking ship!
June 3rd 7-10am Norsk Museum Norwegian Breakfast and Open House
June 18th no meeting, Father’s Day
July 16th noon Christmas in July
Aug 1-3rd Viking Camp with Polar Star
Aug 20th 2pm Slooper ppt, presented by Steve Tanda and Dave Johnson
Sept 10 11-5 Vasa Park Scandinavian Day
Sept 17th 2pm Norwegian Genealogy Workshop.
· Bring your laptop and/or research files and notes . Dave Johnson will help you get started, for you beginners. For you veterans, Dave will try to help you beak through some of those ancestral brick walls.
Oct 15th 1pm Cleng Peerson Lodge’s 45th Anniversary Banquet, Pitstick’s $21/plate
Nov 5th 11:30am Polar Star Hostfest at St. Olaf’s Lutheran Church, Montgomery
Nov 15tg no meeting
Nov 18th Smorgasbord
Dec 17th Christmas Party